Not only do minute takers need training, so do Managers and those chairing the meetings.
Here are some initial tips to help:
- Make time for a pre-meeting with the minute taker and/or include the minute taker in any pre-meetings;
- Give everyone as much notice as possible to enable them to prepare effectively;
- Resolve any conflict quickly, assertively and without any humiliation to anyone;
- At the end of each piece of discussion, summarise what has been agreed and what, if any, actions are to be taken;
- Insert breaks into meetings over 2 hours, even if it is just 5 minutes, and even more so when the meeting is online.
Contact us to organise a half day session for your managers to learn much more.