The ideal EA/PA will be proactive, professional and aware of the mission, strategy and objectives of the manager and the organisation. They are decision-makers and action-takers and they know how to work successfully with management and colleagues.
Baker Thompson Associates can ensure that PAs obtain the skills required to make that transition to a higher level. Individual’s needs are taken into account, as are specific issues in each organisation.
Areas that will be covered are:
- the art of communication
- be appropriately assertive
- work with confidence
Areas that could also be covered are:
- be effective in a stressful environment
- understand emotional intelligence
- interpersonal skills - you will be taught NLP techniques to build successful relationships and avoid conflict with difficult people
- how to work effectively with modern technology
- use social media for your organisation and for your own development
- lead and create a productive partnership with your manager
- time management under pressure
- organisational skills
- understand techniques for prioritising
- acquire business acumen
- develop leadership techniques
- the importance and impact of successful networking
- set goals for your role and your life
Each session is tailored to the delegates’ requirements and groups are always small to ensure enough personal attention. We ensure attendees go back to work with techniques that will really enhance their working practice and working relationships.
This course is ideal for new or experienced Assistants; Global Skills Matrix levels 1-4.